Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Chippewa Valley Technical College
IT Software Developer 3.6 GPA Deans List 2016-2018
IT Mobile Developer 3.6 GPA Deans List 2016-2018
IT Network Specialist 3.5 GPA Deans List 2014-2016
Special Operations Warrior Foundation Scholarship
IDEXX Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Associate Software Developer July 2017 - Present
- Serve an agile software team with five Developers, Quality Assurance, Product Owner and Scrum Master supporting 24 software types from multiple sources.
- Continuously enhance projects to better align with evolving customer expectations.
- Promote best practices as the voice of infrastructure for the team.
- Ensure broad security awareness through mentoring, detailed code reviews, and the reframing of incidents in terms of risk management & security controls.
- Devised change controls, auditing, and reporting to improve confidence in the data.
- Created system inventory of ~30 hosts across 3 environments, performed gap analysis, and developed a disaster recovery plan to support the overarching continuity of operations and data confidence plans.
- Developed Pharma Development project, using PL/SQL, to test and compare data summaries of 10,000+ clinics and millions of records against each other.
- Lessened operations overhead by standardizing ETL processes to reduce errors.
- Automated project resets, server resets, reporting, ETL error resolutions, task creation and file integrity checks using Jenkins, PowerShell, and other tools.
- Overhauled wiki docs, reorganized, edited, verified, and added dozens of articles.
IDEXX Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Data Services Specialist June 2016 - June 2017
- Interpreted veterinary clinic data and annotated per a master ontology.
- Researched new products, tests, and pricing to update master ontology.
- Built hot keys / macros to improve efficiency by reducing repetitive navigation.
- Enhanced departmental efficiency through automation of business processes.
- Managed and verified system inventory of ~50 workstations.
- Determined workstations due for upgrade, configured and deployed ~12 workstation upgrades, set replaced workstations to be decommissioned.
Investment Technology Group New York, New York
Summer Analyst July 2015
- Assisted traders, developers, and executives each day as part of Helpdesk Support.
- Built and deployed 15 workstations using LANDESK and SCCM.
- Set up conferences using Polycom RSS and Unified Communications software.
- Recovered developer data from a failed hard drive by recreating the MBR.
- Learned from daily talks where experts in their fields taught us about their work.
- Team Member at Pizza Hut. 2014–2015
- Sandwich Artist at Subway. 2014
- eBay support for DicksSportingGoods.com & SportsAuthority.com. 2012–2013
- Inbound loss reports & auditing for Harmon Solutions Group. 2010–2011
- Inbound support & outbound calling for Time Warner. 2009–2010
- Stocker at Walmart. 2009
- Outbound sales for Architecture Integration Management. 2009
LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
- Studying risk management & enterprise security to obtain the CASP certification.
- Self-taught C, LISP, and how to build a programming language and compiler.
- Learning distributed systems by building and programming a cluster network.
- Mentor & Class President of my small preparatory academy.
- Founded and led local LARP group for 4 years with 40 weekly memberships.
- Volunteer at Community Table which offers free daily meals.